Why Some Men Have Dogs And Not Wives
1. The later you are, the more excited your dogs are to see you.
2. Dogs don't notice if you call them by another dog's name.
3. Dogs like it if you leave a lot of things on the floor.
4. A dog's parents never visit.
5. Dogs agree that you have to raise your voice to get your point across.
6. You never have to wait for a dog; they're ready to go 24 hours a day.
7. Dogs find you amusing when you're drunk..
8. Dogs like to go hunting and fishing.
9. A dog will not wake you up at night to ask, "If I died, would you get another dog?"
10. If a dog has babies, you can put an ad in the paper and give them away.
11. A dog will let you put a studded collar on it without calling you a pervert.
12. If a dog smells another dog on you, they don't get mad. They just think it's interesting.
13. Dogs like to ride in the back of a pickup truck.
14. If a dog leaves, it won't take half of your stuff.
To test this theory: Lock your wife and your dog in the garage for an hour. Then open it and see who's happy to see you!
The voice of the sea speaks to the soul of a Portuguese Water Dog and certain people.
I meant to behave but there were too many other options.
Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you will die today.
Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it’s the only way to live life completely.
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass… its about learning how to dance in the rain.
When it is dark enough you can see the stars.
Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
We may run, walk, stumble, drive or fly, but let us never lose sight of the reason for the journey, or miss a chance to see a rainbow on the way.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.
Letting go of the past means you can enjoy the dream that is happening right now.
We may run, walk, stumble drive or fly, but let us never lose sight of the reason for the journey, or miss a chance to see a rainbow on the way.
* Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
* The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on my list.
** If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.
* Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says, 'In case of emergency, notify:' I put 'DOCTOR.'
* I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
* Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.
* A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory.
* There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
* Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
* When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.
a little insecure.
I make mistakes
I am out of control
and at times
hard to handle. But if you can't handle me
at my worst
Then you sure as hell
don't deserve me
at my best.
That which does not destroy me makes me stronger.
You can clutch the past so tightly that it leaves your arms to full to embrace the present.
A relationship without trust is merely an association.
Until they are forgotten, no one ever dies.
You know you are in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
The difference between who you are and who want to be... is what you do.
*Nothing lasts forever. So live it up, drink it down, laugh it off, avoid the drama, take chances, and never have regrets because at one point everything you did was exactly what you wanted.
I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.
Surround yourself with the dreamers and the doers, the believers and thinkers, but most of all, surround yourself with those who see greatness within you, even when you don't see yourself.
I don't need easy, I just need possible.
We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have!
You cannot force anyone to love you, so just be you. Those who leave you because they are selective about what they want you to be like never loved you. Never change for anyone because it never lasts. Be true. Be real. Be you.
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.
I will hug a little tighter. I will laugh a little harder. I will love even stronger. I will work harder to pursue my dreams. I will smile a little larger. I will learn to be more carefree. No matter how many "wipe outs" or "broken boards" I have, I will always get back up again. I will stop taking life, and myself, so seriously. I will party like I'm still in college. I will put on a smile in attempt to brighten someone else's day. I will dance until I sweat through my clothes, then I will keep on dancing. I will cherish every moment that we ever had. I will not cry when I think about you, I will smile, because that is what you would want.
Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.
You will never be completely at home again, because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pray for the richness of loving and knowing people in more than one place.
You must find the place inside yourself where nothing is impossible.
Follow your heart, but take your brain with you.
There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.